Following an extensive search, the Elders of Harvest Bible Chapel introduce you to the new Lead Teaching Pastor, Dr. Jeff Bucknam.
On Sunday, April 25, 2021, the Elders introduced the Harvest family to Pastor Jeff. Watch now.
We thank God for His provision for our church.
Q. Who is the new Lead Teaching Pastor?
A. Dr. Jeff Bucknam
Q. Where does he serve now?
A. He currently serves as the Lead Pastor of Northview Community Church (NVCC) in Abbotsford, BC, Canada, since 2008.
Q. What is his background?
A. Born in Boston, Massachusetts and raised in Seattle, Washington, he holds a double B.A. in history and communications from Western Washington University; an M. Th. from Dallas Theological Seminary, and a D. Min. from Talbot School of Theology. Previously, he taught at Pathways College in Auckland, New Zealand. He also held a Teaching Pastor position at Hope Community Church in Nelson, New Zealand.
Q. What is his preaching commitment?
A. Jeff Bucknam brings a passion for God’s Word, a love for God’s people, and a desire to train leaders and send them out for expanded gospel ministry. His commitment is to the expository preaching of God’s Word.
Q. Is he married? What can you tell us about his family?
A. He and his wife Jeanne currently reside in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada, with their two sons and daughter.
Q. When does he join the staff?
A. Pastor Jeff preached at Harvest for two Sundays in May 2021. You can watch those messages, Four Soils and To God Alone Be the Glory, at the links. He officially starts on July 12, 2021.
Believing firmly in the power of prayer, let’s pray for Pastor Jeff and Jeanne Bucknam and their family as they make the move to become our Lead Teaching Pastor.
We invite you to pray for them in these specific ways.
1. To finish well at Northview Community Church, their current ministry.
2. For God to provide courage for their kids, ages 20, 17, and 11.
3. For God to prepare new friends for them and their children.
4. Favor with governments in the US and Canada and other authorities as moving during COVID isn’t the easiest process.
5. For God’s provision of a house they all can agree on.
6. That they would see the Lord’s hand in this whole process and grow deeper in our love for Him because of it all.
“praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,” Ephesians 6:18