LEAD TEACHING PASTOR PROFILE
The Lead Teaching Pastor will originate and initiate the vision and mission of Harvest Bible Chapel, which will be approved by the Elders, and executed, communicated, and implemented in partnership with the Lead Ministry Pastor and Lead Operations Pastor. This position will provide leadership of the weekend preaching, high impact weekend services, and training and development of staff.
Goals and Expectations
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Be the visionary leader and primary communicator to the entire staff and congregation of HBC.
- Lead the weekend Preaching ministry of HBC, including oversight of annual preaching calendar and preachers to fill the pulpit throughout the year (guests and internal preachers).
- Partner with the Lead Ministry Pastor and Lead Operations Pastor to implement the vision of HBC and achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Spend a significant amount of time each week in research and study in preparation for weekly preaching. The preaching style is to be expository preaching.
- Be a visible presence across all campuses throughout the year through weekly campus events and strategic preaching planning on weekends.
- Partner with Pastor of Worship and Production for the planning of high quality, high impact weekend services that align with the values and mission of HBC.
- Be available and visible to the congregation as appropriate, including individual meetings and group settings.
- Oversight and mentorship of all Campus Pastors and campus ministry.
- Partner with the Lead Ministry Pastor and oversee the assimilation process, discipleship ministry, and evangelism/outreach ministry across all campuses.
- Train and develop a team of 2-3 gifted preachers who can preach to our entire church at various times throughout the year as scheduled.
- Train and develop the Campus Pastors in the area of preaching and build them into the preaching calendar each year.
- Mentorship of APAC (All Pastors All Campuses) and MDP (Ministry Development Program) through the training of ministry skills, preaching, and theological teaching.
- Serve as a member of the Elder board with various Elder duties and responsibilities.
- Complete special ministry projects and ministry initiatives as needed or assigned.
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Lead Teaching Pastor.
- Masters of Divinity preferred.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 10+ years in preaching ministry preferred.
- 5+ years in mid-level or high-level ministry leadership (Campus Pastor, Director, Executive Pastor, etc).
- 5+ years in leadership of a multi-site church preferred.
- Team building and leadership development.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Model the biblical qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3: 1-7; Titus 1:6-9) and agree to the Harvest Bible Chapel statement of faith.
- Vision leadership and implementation.
- Catalytic leader.
- Compelling communicator.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Be an active, engaged, and accountable member of a small group.
- Leadership that demonstrates strong collaboration skills.